APPENDIX I: SUMMARY OF RESULTS 2013
A total of 26 Awards and 8 Certificates to be given as follow:
1.0 REPORT OF THE YEAR AWARD
Gold Award - Umeme Limited
Silver Award – Centenary Rural Development Bank Limited
Bronze Award – Lion Assurance Company Limited
2.0 SPECIAL AWARDS:
2.1 Corporate Governance Award - Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
2.2 Sustainability Reporting Award - Umeme Limited
2.3 Communication Award - Brac Uganda
2.4 Most Improved Report Award - Post Bank Uganda Limited
2.5 Best Listed Entity Award - Umeme Limited
3.0 FINANCIAL REPORTING AWARDS:
3.1 Banking Services.
· Winner - Stanbic Bank
· 1st Runner–Up - Centenary Bank
· 2nd Runner–Up – Post Bank
3.2 Insurance Services.
· Winner - Lion Assurance
· 1st Runner–Up – National Insurance Corporation
· 2nd Runner-Up - Britam Insurance
3.3 Public Sector.
· Winner – National Water & Sewerage Corporation.
· 1st Runner Up - National Social Security Fund.
3.4 Consumer and Industrial Products.
· Winner – Umeme Limited
· 1st Runner Up – BAT (Uganda) Limited
· 2nd Runner Up – Uganda Clays Limited
3.5 Non-Governmental Organisations.
· Winner – Action Aid
· 1st Runner Up – Africa 2000 Network
· 2nd Runner Up – Brac Uganda
· Winner - Advocacy Sub-Category (NGOs) – Legal Aid Project
· Winner - Health Sub-Category (NGOs) – African Palliative Care Association
· Winner – Children Sub-Category (NGOs) - Watoto Child Care Ministries
3.6 Regulatory Bodies and Associations.
· Winner - Bank of Uganda
- 1st Runner Up – Uganda Insurance Association
4.0 CERTIFICATES OF RECOGNITION
Recognition for good corporate governance reporting:
· Umeme Limited.
· National Social Security Fund.
Recognition for good sustainability reporting:
· National Water and Sewerage Corporation
· Centenary Rural Development Bank Limited
Recognition for achievements in communication and presentation:
· Umeme Limited.
· DFCU Limited.
Recognition for their achievements in improving their quality of financial reporting:
- Lions Assurance Company Limited
- National Water and Sewerage Corporation