ICPAU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME 2020
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) was established in
1992, by an Act of Parliament now the Accountants Act 2013. Its functions are;
- To regulate and maintain the standard of accountancy in Uganda.
- To prescribe and regulate, the conduct of accountants and practicing accountants in Uganda.
As part of the function of regulating and maintaining the standard of accountancy,
ICPAU conducts examinations for aspiring accountants. This function is executed by Public Accountants Examinations Board (PAEB) on behalf of Council.
ICPAU is pleased to announce the sponsorship programme for the best performing university graduates from any academic discipline who graduated between October 2019-March 2020 This opportunity is open to any interested graduates who are willing to become Certified Public Accountants.
The scholarship will benefit 10 best performing students and will cover the cost of registration, study materials and examination fees. Beneficiaries shall cover their costs of training for the course.
Beneficiaries are expected to complete the CPA course within 2.5 years from the time of registration. The scholarship will not cater for re-sitting a paper.
ICPAU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY
- Graduates from both private and public chartered universities accredited by National Council for Higher Education, and completed their bachelors’ degree between October 2019-March 2020 with a First class or Second Class Upper degree are eligible to apply.
- Graduates with a CGPA of 3.59 and below are not eligible to apply.
- Graduates being sponsored by other organisations are not eligible to apply
ICPAU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- All applicants shall be required to provide proof of completion of the undergraduate degree in a public/private chartered University accredited by National Council for Higher Education.
- The applicants CGPA and/or class of degree as well as academic references shall be among the variables to be used in determining successful applicants. The higher one's CGPA, the better.
- The financial status of the applicants themselves, their parents, families and/or spouses shall be scrutinised to assess their relative financial needs.
- The applicant's age and character shall be considered.
- The scholarship committee will identify those suitable for sponsorship. The Committee may use additional parameters, such as gender, regional balance and disability, where competition is stiff.
- The Institute reserves the right to check and verify any information provided by the applicant.
- Successful beneficiaries shall have a mentorship session where details about the profession shall be shared.
- Beneficiaries will also be required to sign a Statement of Understanding with the Institute, regarding the scholarship’s terms and conditions.
ICPAU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME APPLICATIONS
The scholarship committee therefore wishes to invite applications for the suitable candidates who wish to benefit from the scholarship programme beginning in 1 June 2020 and ending 31 July 2020.
To apply please follow the link https://www.icpau.co.ug/scholarship-application-form-2020
Note: Only online applications will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification
For more information please contact;
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda, P.O.Box 12464 Kampala, Uganda. Tel: 0393-262333/265590, Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.icpau.co.ug, Facebook: ICPAU, Twitter: @ICPAU1, Linkedin: Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda.