The public Accountants Examinations Board (PAEB) is established by the Accountants Act, Cap 266. It is under the Council of the Institute although its decision on examinations is final. It is responsible for the running of the examination schemes of the Institute.
PAEB comprises of;
· Two qualified Accountants lecturing in a recognized University
· One representative from the Ministry responsible for education
· Two council members
· Two representatives of other recognized professional accountancy Institutes
· One representative from Uganda national Examinations Board (UNEB)
· The Secretary of UNEB is the secretary of PAEB
The current PAEB comprise of the following;
- Uthaman Mayanja- Chairman
- Ms. Mercy Mugowa Ntale
- Dr. Simeon Wanyama
- Prof. F. I. B Kayanja
- Mr. Twaha Kaawaase
- Dr. Samuel Sejjaaka
- Mr. Mathew Bukenya
- Mr. Eddie Egadu
The functions of PAEB include the following;
· To determine the syllabuses and curricula in respect of examinations in the subjects of study.
· To conduct public accountants examinations.
· To appoint examiners and moderators of examinations.
· To make rules governing the public accountants examinations.
· To do any other thing that is connected with the conducting of accountants examinations.
The day-to-day management of the examinations schemes is handled by the Institute’s Secretariat.