The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda in collaboration with Data House Business Solutions invites you for Financial Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel scheduled as follows:
DATE: 5 - 6 DECEMBER 2019
VENUE: IMPERIAL ROYALE HOTEL, KAMPALA
TIME: 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
COURSE DESCRIPTION: SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR DATA-DRIVEN DECISION MAKING
Data analysis has become an integral component of financial management. Using Microsoft® Excel to effectively make data-driven decisions can be complex and overwhelming. By attending this training, you will gain the skills and techniques to face this challenging task through practical exercises. You will learn how to use Excel to construct financial analysis models that ultimately make the best possible decisions for your organization.
This is a practical course that explores the easy solutions to financial data analysis and thus helps in increasing efficiency of business users.
At the end of the course, participants will learn how to:
- Appreciate some of the frequently used functions in Excel
- Work with conditional structures and related functions
- Explore the various components of Pivot Tables and Charts
- Utilize Excel’s Data Table and Scenario Manager tools to analyze various financial scenarios with altering variables
- Utilize Excel’s Solver tool to create optimal job and supply or supplier assignments, given known outputs and constraints
- Explore Excel’s financial functions to calculate the amounts, rates, and time necessary to achieve financial goals or meet financial requirements
- Calculate the financial value of a project or proposal using basic measures such as Present Value (PV), Net Present Value (NPV), and the Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Calculate break-even points and/or required volumes via graphical analysis, or Excel’s Goal Seek tool to achieve financial goals
- Use Slicers and Sparklines to build interactive dashboards
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for financial management personnel including budget analysts, management analysts, cost and financial accountants, practising accountants, staff of internal audit functions and others who need to support managerial decision-making through the analysis of financial data. It has been designed for professionals who wish to explore the practical usage of advanced Excel functions with financial data.
This is an intermediate - advanced level Microsoft Excel training course. Participants must have some basic spreadsheet skills and should be able to: use basic excel formulas; link worksheets and understand how cells are referenced. Participants will need a laptop with Microsoft® Excel 2010 or later version.
Class size is limited to 60 participants only. Attendance is strictly by registration at www.icpau.co.ug
Attendance is strictly by registration at www.icpau.co.ug
FEES (MEALS AND REFRESHMENT INCLUSIVE):
UGX 500,000 per participant.
Payments can be by: Cheque/Direct Credit or Mobile Money using member/student ID number.
Deadline for booking is Wednesday, 5 December 2018
Account Name: Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda
Account Number: 3100009548
Bank: Centenary Rural Development Bank Limited
Branch: Lugogo, Kampala
Plot 3A2 – 3A3, Kampala
Swift Code: 163047
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda
42 Bukoto Street Kololo, P.O. Box 12464, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: 0393–262333, 0393–266920, 0312-265590, 0417-788700
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.icpau.co.ug