10 June 2020
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) rolled out the 2020 Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (CPA-U) scholarship programme, the second edition of the programme.
ICPAU is committed to nurturing talent among young people. The aim of the scholarship programme is to support fresh Bachelor’s Degree graduates, from any academic discipline, who wish to pursue the CPA-U course to become professional accountants.
The 2020 programme targets students who graduated between October 2019 – March 2020 from both public universities and private chartered universities which are accredited by the National Council for Higher Education. Applicants must have either a First Class Honours Degree or a Second Class Honours Degree (Upper Division). There are 10 slots available for support by the Institute.
ICPAU will cover the cost of registration, study material, exemption/examinations fees and annual renewal fees. Beneficiaries are expected to commence their studies in January 2021 and sit for their first examinations in May 2021. Students are given up to two and a half years to complete the course.
The scholarship programme was introduced in 2019. The 10 pioneer beneficiaries commenced their CPA-U studies in January 2020.
Students who meet the requirements can apply for the 2020 scholarships via https://bit.ly/ICPAUScholarship. Applications close on 31 July 2020.
ICPAU is the national professional accountancy organization, established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament, now the Accountants Act, 2013. The functions of the Institute, as prescribed by the Act, are:
- To regulate and maintain the standard of accountancy in Uganda.
- To prescribe and regulate the conduct of accountants and practising accountants in Uganda.
ICPAU offers 3 courses: CPA-U, ATD and CTA.
- CPA-U is a professional course for accountants.
- ATD prepares students to become accounting technicians. These are trained staff who support professional accountants in their work of; administrative, accounting, finance, audit, taxation and management functions.
- CTA was introduced to produce expert tax advisors who will contribute to the economic development of the country.
For More Information:
CPA Derick Nkajja